I'd like to share how my Valentine's Day 2012 went.
It all started last week when I fetched my friend N on a regular basis now every Thursday after work since she's always coding on that day, and since I'm always in that area once a week. Just as we were about to go home, I asked her if she had any plans "next week." She replied: "Sa?" "Nope, Tueday(Valentine's Day)" with a little grin on my face like I was expecting it was deliberate. She said: "ah..wala naman.." So I invited her if we can have dinner together. Unfortunately, she said: "Ha? huwag na noh..hindi na..." (but not in a angry or frustrated voice but in a blushing way? I couldn't really call how she said it, but I'm sure it wasn't a totally "rejecting" answer). "Bahay lang ako..bahay...yeah.." I smiled and said a simple ok letting her know I understood what she meant. BUT, at the back of my mind, "perfect!"
My plan went something like this:
Feb. 13, Monday, I tried going to her house in Manila to ask permission from her dad..but as soon as I got near her house, I saw her car, eep! She didn't go to work? What if I rang the doorbell and she answered?! A lot was running through my mind at that moment, I just had to ask either of her parents..I could only think of one other solution. Calling her dad, I got her dad's number through her sister, when I visited her home then and her sister was the only who was around aside from her grandparents. I asked for their father's number so that in case I needed to fetch N, I'd let him know so he won't have to fetch N.
I got to talk to her dad and asked him for his permission. I even texted him just to be sure, funny how I told him when I called him in Chinese, and texted him in English. He replied with an OK, viola!
I deliberately just bought 2 flowers to get out of those cliche that flowers come in threes (I Love You). I actually have thought a lot of things to say to defend myself in case I'm asked by whoever. I could say, "it means, love you.." or "I is not important, what's important is Love, and You.." etc.
I got my flowers that I bought from my friend that's quite affordable, not really too grand and doesn't look really cheap(like some that comes from Dang-Wa that is priced the same). I was actually happy when I got it, well, my friend would also try her best for this set of flowers to look really good before it got to me. My friend though made me a little worried that I might not make it in time because I still had to buy dinner in Little Tokyo, Makati and both were actually heavy traffic areas of Makati. Thank God I made it to both with a lot of time to spare. I got to my friends house 6pm and got the very beautiful arranged flowers, thank you, you know who you are just in case ;) And quickly went back to my car because the attendant at the parking, when I asked her nicely that I was just going to pick up something, she let me go without paying any parking fee, again, thank you po..!
Traffic was really bad at this point because office hours was over. It was a good thing I allotted an hour to an hour and a half of each travel time. From house to flowers, from flowers to ordering food, from food to N's house. I got to her house with more than 30min. to spare..praise God!
N's mom gave me regular coke to drink while waiting for N and asked me if I could understand mandarin because we were watching a tv series on television. I honestly said I was really rusty and could only understand a few words.
A few moments later N arrived. I couldn't really distinguish if she was surprised not happy see me because of work, I really don't know, but she thankfully, she finally arrived.
2 people actually gave me quite the scare, first was my own bestfriend when she told me that "bahay nga lang ba talaga? baka mamaya sinasabi lang niya un.." I forgot about it after a few days and the second one was N's mother. When I got to their house, as I was trying to get the food out of the plastic, her mom mentioned that she's going to call N where she is already, I tried to tell her that it was ok, and that I'd just patiently wait for her. But she insisted because she might "excape" (in Chinese). I just smiled at her but got a little scared..because I remember what my friend told me...but, I tried to have Faith..that she was coming and we were going to have dinner together.
She finally came. At first, it was a little awkward, she kept on insisting me that I go ahead and eat first, later I found out that she had heavy merienda of Spaghetti so that's why she kept on inisting I go ahead first, but I insisted back that I wanted to have dinner together. Finally, we had dinner together, she got the small plates, and I tried to tell her to invite her parents or siblings to have dinner with us. Her parents didn't get to join us but her siblings did.
First to arrive was her sister who came after her. At first she was hesitant and said she was on a "diet." But eventually gave in. She asked her sister if their youngest brother was home, he was and N invited him to have dinner with us as well. It was really nice to have dinner together with N and her siblings. Her brother was a little quiet rather than her sister whom I find more socializing than his brother. I remember how I am sometimes when I see his brother, I would always offer him one of the food on the table.
We had our dinner, as we were trying to clean up, N would insist I leave my plate on the table, but I didn't and offered I get her plate instead. In the end, her brother got the plate from me and went to the kitchen. I got the styrofoam from the take out and followed them to the kitchen. Her mom let me sit in the couch while waiting for N. When N arrived, she and her siblings stayed awhile to play with the dogs. N showed my one of her pets could do a lot of good tricks.
I rested after eating about 30+min. and finally told her I should go. When I got to the car and got the flowers to give it to her, she simply said:"wow..." It won't be a valentine without the flowers I replied. I told her Happy Valentine's Day one last time and drove off.
That ladies and gentlemen was my Valentine's Day 2012, Happy hearts to you all..!
P.S. I still believe in TRUE LOVE.
Goodnight, good fight! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment