The Quiet Time Series: September 17, 2012

The Quiet Time Series
09.17.12
Monday
06:00
John 14

Reading this chapter, I ask myself, how much do I know Jesus? Yes, I do believe in Him, but how much? Because my faith was challenged when I read this chapter. Thomas, who was already His disciple, still asked Jesus to show Him the way. He was explaining to His disciples during this time about He is the way, the truth and the life. Thomas asked Jesus to show him the "way", when during all this time the 12 was with Him, some still didn't know. That's why  I ask myself, I do believe Jesus is my Lord and Savior, but how much? Jesus explained to Thomas Jesus that by knowing Him, obeying His command that we get to "see the way." But it was also a blessing in disguise when I got to read Luke 7 : 1 - 10 it was about the centurion, how he humbled himself and how Jesus was so proud of Him because of his faith. The centurion didn't know Jesus, but his faith was favored by Jesus.

 I remember telling this to my dgroup friends about how "radical" I wanted to be, but my friend told me to take it easy, little by little, because if these small ARK's(Acts of Random Kindness) we can't even do, what more the g stuff?

Also, reading from utmost.org, "Temptation is not something we can escape; in fact, it is essential to the well-rounded life of a person. Beware of thinking that you are tempted as no one else–what you go through is the common inheritance of the human race, not something that no one has ever before endured. God does not save us from temptations–He sustains us in the midst of them (see Hebrews 2:18 and Hebrews 4:15-16)." It's just a blessing knowing that God allows these temptations for us to make our relationship with Him stronger. He lets us know that we NEED Him NOT TO sin...

All for the Glory of God, amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment